Saline's Parks and Recreation Aquatic Center
Lap Pool: 25 yards long and 6 lanes wide with a zero-depth entry ramp and a 1-meter diving board. Depth is 3’9” to 12’. Normal temperature range is 80-83 degrees. Leisure Pool: 50’ x 25’ recreational pool kept pleasantly warm with a zero-depth entry ramp. Depth is 1’9’’ to 4’. Normal temperature range is 85-87 degrees. Spa: 7-person hot tub with a normal temperature range of 100-104 degrees. Patrons must be at least 14 years old to use the spa.
- All children under 42 inches tall must be accompanied in the water by an adult at least 16 years of age who is within arm’s reach of the child at all times.
- Children 9 years and younger must have a person 16 years of age or older in the Aquatic Center with them at all times. Dropping off children is strictly prohibited!
- No street shoes on the pool deck.
- Soap showers are required before swimming.
- Swimsuits must be lined and suitable for public use. Street clothes may not be worn in the pool.
- No admittance with communicable diseases, open wounds or infections.
- Band-Aids, gum and glass containers are prohibited.
- Food and drink are not permitted on deck. Tables and chairs for eating are available in the vending area.
- Only forward dives will be permitted off the diving board.
- All flotation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard approved. No inflatables.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper. Regular disposable diapers are not allowed. Swim diapers are available for sale at the front desk. Please encourage children of all ages to use the restroom facilities prior to entering the pool.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing these and any additional rules, either written or unwritten, that are necessary for the safety and control of the pool area.
Did You Know...
Lifeguards at this facility are trained to prevent accidents and perform first responder care. Direct and constant supervision of children is the responsibility of the parent or adult guardian.
3 S’s For Aquatic Center Cleanliness
We need your help with these three things to keep the Aquatic Center clean.
- SHOES: Everyone must take off their street shoes and store them in a cubby. Everything you track in on the bottom of your shoes ends up on our deck or in our pools.
- SHOWERS: Everyone entering the water must take a shower before entering the water. You must be soaking wet from head to toe.
- SWIM DIAPERS: All children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper. Regular disposable diapers are not allowed.
Did You Know…
Young children require a higher level of attentiveness by their parents when in the pool compared to when they are at home. It may be fine to watch TV, cook dinner, or talk on the phone when your child is playing at home. However, while they are in the pool your attention should not be distracted from your child for even a few seconds. This is why all children under 42 inches tall must be accompanied and directly supervised by a parent who is within arm’s reach at all times while they are in the water. This is true even if they are just playing on the ramp.
Download the current pool schedule [PDF].
The pools are generally available any time the building is open. Space will be limited during classes. Class participants will have priority of pool space over other guests. The leisure pool is closed Saturday mornings from 9 am-12 pm. Check the posted pool schedule for specific class times.
Swim Lessons & Aquatic Classes
Swim lessons are offered for all ages and ability levels. The learn to swim program is broken down into Parent & Child classes (ages 6 months - 5 years), Young Swimmer Classes (ages 4-6) and Level classes (ages 7-13). We also offer Pre-Competitive & Competitive swimming, Teen & Adult Beginning Swimming, Home Schooler Swimming, Triathlon Training and Private Swim Lessons. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS ON SWIM LESSONS & AQUATICS CLASSES.
Lap Swim & Water Exercise
During these times all lanes in the lap pool are open for lap swimming. There are no classes in the leisure pool for those who wish to water walk or do standing exercises.
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 5:30-8:30 am
- Tuesday & Thursday: 5:30-9 am
- Saturday & Sunday: 6-9 am
There is an extensive amount of programming that takes place in our pools. In order to ensure a positive experience for all class participants please be respectful of class times. There are no classes in either pool at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday: 12-4:30 pm, 7:30-9:45 pm
- Friday 11:30 am-9:45 pm
- Saturday 12-5:45 pm*
- Sunday 9 am-5:45 pm*
*Every few weeks the aquatic center will be closing at 5 pm on Saturday and reopening around 11 am on Sunday for preventative maintenance. Call for schedule.
The pool and open swim schedule is subject to change. Please click here or pick up a pool schedule in the flyer rack for the most up to date information.
- Aqua Basketball is available in the leisure pool anytime except during most classes.
- There is a diving board located at the deep end of the lap pool. The diving board is unavailable when only one lifeguard is on duty. Generally the diving board is available Monday - Friday 7-8:45 pm, Saturday 12-5 pm and Sunday 12-4:30 pm. Ask a lifeguard if you wish to use it.
- The diving board may be unavailable during classes, special events, during heavy lap swimming use or due to circumstances beyond our control.
Family Locker Room
There is a family locker room on the pool deck. Please be aware of the following guidelines:
- This space is intended for parents with opposite gender children who are 3-9 years of age and patrons who need ADA accessible facilities
- Patrons of all ages must be fully dressed outside of the private changing rooms